- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. (Excluding Contemporary Freestyle)
- It is advised that you complete your Student Teachers Qualification before applying for your Associate. You may however proceed directly to the Associate level but you will have to obtain permission from the SADTA to do this and will depend on your previous dance and teaching experience.
- Preferably you should have a good sense of rhythm and love dancing with the aim to start teaching.
- A good background in dancing experience will also be beneficial.
- Must complete all the training requirements as set by the SADTA Council.
- Must also complete at least two work experience sessions.
- On the successful completion of your Associate exam you will be issued with an Associate Certificate from the SADTA Head Office.
A study manual compiled by the SADTA Council for your Associate exam is available.
Please use our contact form to request a copy of Associate Study Manual should you wish to qualify as an SADTA Associate Instructor.
There is a lot to learn and know and this manual will be essential for the successful completion of you Associate Exam. (There is a small purchase fee for the manual, available on request)
An application form for the Associate Exam can be downloaded HERE.